August 18, 2009 by George Eberstadt
The enhancements in this release improve both the user experience and the value for sites that use the system. Here’s a summary:
The widget now shows basic social shopping content to all users without requiring any sign-up:
- Items recently recommended by other shoppers
- Popular items
- The number of neighbors who also shop at the store and the items those neighbors have purchased (based on zip code matches)
Users can now import their friends list without ever leaving the widget and immediately see how many of their friends are also customers of the store and what those friends bought. All the information is anonymous, but shoppers can request the store to send a connect invitation on their behalf to those friends. This new approach has a number of benefits:
- Shoppers see more first-degree friend reference information
- Shoppers have a way to connect to friends who have not yet opted in to the site’s “trusted reference system” while still preserving customers’ privacy
- The sign-up flow for shoppers is cleaner and more intuitive
We’ve made a slew of visual and usability improvements. Please go to one of our partner sites and have a look.
Sites currently using the TurnTo system will get this upgrade without any action required.
April 23, 2009 by George Eberstadt
We’re looking forward to the Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTEN) this Sunday – Tuesday in San Francisco. If you’re there, please come by and see us in Booth #42.
And on that topic: here’s a link to a press release Earthwatch just put out on their expanding use of TurnTo to increase volunteer recruitment though their website. We’re thrilled, since Earthwatch provided the inspiration that led to TurnTo.