InkJetSuperStore wins Retail TouchPoints’ Customer Engagement award at NRF 2012
InkJetSuperStore wins the Social Media Marketing category for their work with TurnTo’s social Q&A
Working with the social Q&A system from TurnTo Networks, InkJetSuperStore has achieved impressive increases in customer engagement during 2012. Retail TouchPoints recognized them for this achievement at the NRF Big Show in New York City with their 2012 Customer Engagement Award in the Social Media Marketing category. George Eberstadt, CEO of TurnTo, accepted the award on behalf of InkJetSuperStore as their President, Ilan Douek was unable to attend the event.
InkJetSuperStore’s use of TurnTo’s social Q&A dramatically increased customer engagement, which in turn improved conversion and average order value.
- Questions about popular items received 4-5 social answers each (i.e. from past customers, not store staff), on average, with the first one arriving within 3-4 hours.
- 95% of these questions received at least one social answer.
- 16% of all purchasers answered the question “Why did you choose this item?” following check-out (through the TurnTo Purchase Sharing function).
- Sentiment on these check-out answers was 99% positive.
- The Q&A system generated dramatically more UGC than Inkjet Superstore’s customer reviews system. For example, this item has 6 questions, 23 answers, and 60 check-out comments, but only one customer review.
- Shoppers who asked questions or read Q&A from others converted at a rate 80% higher than those who didn’t – an especially significant lift since Inkjet Superstore is a replenishment business with a high repeat customer rate and a very high conversion rate.
- The average order value of shoppers who interacted with TurnTo was 14% higher than the AOV of those who don’t.
Other Retail TouchPoints’ 2012 Customer Engagement Award winners include: Foot Locker, Moosejaw, Tasti D-Lite, and Urban Outfitters
Due to a previous commitment, Ilan Douek, President of InkJetSuperStore was unable to accept the award in person but shared his enthusiasm, saying, “It is a real honor to win this award. We are very pleased with the results we have had with TurnTo and look forward to continued success in the coming year.”
TurnTo’s CEO and Founder, George Eberstadt, said, “We heartily congratulate Ilan and the InkJetSuperStore team on this award. They’ve built a loyal customer base by providing excellent products and outstanding service, and we’re delighted our Social Commerce tools are helping them release the value of that good will. It just shows that even in a replenishment category like inkjet cartridges, relationships and engagement still matter a lot.
TurnTo provides Social Commerce applications for online merchants that enable shoppers to get advice directly from stores’ real customers. By enabling authentic dialog between shoppers and customers right on the merchant site, TurnTo increases conversion rates, generates fresh content for SEO, drives traffic from Facebook and Twitter, brings past customers back, and delivers insights to inform merchandising strategies. The TurnTo Social Commerce Suite is a white-labeled SaaS product that can be integrated in a few hours. Top online retailers including Adorama, GoJane, and KitchenwareDirect, use TurnTo to convert visitors into buyers. More information about TurnTo is available at www.turntonetworks.com.
Inkjetsuperstore.com, established in November of 2000 and the 2012 winner of Retail TouchPoints’ Social Media Marketing award, is a reseller of printer consumable products with its two warehouses in California and Tennessee. Inkjetsuperstore.com’s services are to provide printing supplies and accessories at discount prices, while offering the best shopping experience possible. Inkjetsuperstore.com carries ink and toner cartridges of most major printer brands and other accessories, including printer ribbons, drum units, Rollers, fuser/maintenance kits, MICR toner cartridges, photo paper, cables, media/data tapes/disks. The company attributes their success to staying committed to their vision — “Our vision is to be the best, the easiest, the cheapest and friendliest place to buy printer supplies.”